Madrid Climate & Temperature
- Madrid, Spain is at 40°28'N, 3°33'W, 582 m (1909 ft). See map.
- Madrid has a mid-latitude steppe/ semi-arid cool climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BSk).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Madrid is situated in or near the warm temperate thorn steppe biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 13.9 degrees Celsius (57.1 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 18.8 °C (33.8°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype semicontinental.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 411.9 mm (16.2 inches) which is equivalent to 411.9 Litres/m² (10.1 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2910 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Madrid you would come out nearest to the climate station at Herbertville, Woodbank, New Zealand (Warm temperate thorn steppe biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Madrid, Spain Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Santander, Cantabria, Spain - 337 kms (209.4 miles) N
- Burgos/ Villafria, Spain - 210.2 kms (130.6 miles) N
- Braganca, Portugal - 304.6 kms (189.3 miles) WNW
- Valladolid, Spain - 166.2 kms (103.3 miles) NW
- Salamanca/ Matacan, Spain - 172.7 kms (107.3 miles) WNW
- Penhas Douradas, Portugal - 338.1 kms (210.1 miles) W
- Madrid (B), Spain - 12.1 kms (7.5 miles) WSW
- Caceres, Spain - 261.7 kms (162.6 miles) WSW
- Ciudad Real, Spain - 167.2 kms (103.9 miles) S
- Badajoz, Spain - 330.9 kms (205.6 miles) WSW
- Cordoba, Spain - 312.1 kms (193.9 miles) SSW